Skip to main content

He's Amazing

Yesterday I was a little sad when Ethan came home and told me that the kids at school don't believe in "the force" and that they say mean things and he said he thought they didn't like him anymore because he won't agree with them.

You see, we have been using "the force" with him to keep him from complaining, to show that if he is happy and positive "the force" will give him more reasons to be happy and positive etc.
The force has also made him become smarter in school!
So I am proud of him for standing his ground, but my heart broke for people making him feel different for believing in it.

So today, as we do from time to time, John and I went to have lunch with him at school.  We were talking to him and John said, "So which one of these boys don't believe in the force?"
I saw where this was going!
We explained to the boys that the reason they cannot use the force is because they are not being taught, they needed to be taught by a jedi, and Ethan is a padawan learner that's why he can't move things yet.
John then started doing magic tricks and had the ENTIRE class in awe!  We have made believers of these little 1st graders!

That teaches them to mess with our kid! Yesterday he was the lowest on the totem pole today he is on the top.  He doesn't care, he believes in what he believes and stands by it, but as a  mother you don't ever want other kids to treat your kid as though they are different.

See, this is why I love John.  Not only this reason, but what mother cannot adore a man that loves her, and her children to pieces?  I am so happy I have him, I am so happy the kids have him.  Every child deserves a father like him.

Love you John.  And thank you for being so amazing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars Birthday Party

It's that time of year for the boys double birthday party!! Since I... I mean they are so into star wars that was the obvious choice of a party theme. It was so cute at the end of the party after the boys opened all their gifts and John says, "Well, what did Mummy and I get you?"  They both shrugged.  I said, "We got you this beautiful party, and that is your gift." They both hugged us and said thank you without even complaining that we didn't buy them anything, such gracious boys! Then John brought out their bikes and they went crazy!! It was the cutest thing. Happy Birthday to our wonderful boys, Happy 7th and 9th Birthday Ethan and Kaiden!

And the Fun Begins

On Sunday, March 11th, we welcomed our newest family member.  Amalia Rachael Emily Benham. It all began Saturday morning.  I had signs of labor but we had the Pinewood Derby so I hoped she would wait.  And of course, she did. Contractions started coming in very slowly and Mummy and Binx came over.  We hung out, and hung out, and hung out and the contractions weren't getting stronger but slowly moving closer together.  We all finally took naps then we started hanging out again.  Finally at 12am we decided to go to the hospital. 3 cm dilated and I was admitted. Kindle, my bff of course came to the hospital as well.  All our biggest supporters were there. Waiting for Baby  Getting some well needed rest. Last moments before birth  My contractions never got  intense before the epidural kicked in, thank goodness.  Somehow my left side didn't kick in so I could feel it all on that side, but because I have back labor and I co...

Mr. and Mrs. John Benham!!!

This is the moment we have both been waiting for for years! It was perfection. Nothing short of magical. We had quite a bit of time after getting ready, there were so many emotions, so happy I laughed, so happy I cried. I love these photos and am so happy that every moment was captured.  Can't wait to see the professional ones!                                 Waiting for the go ahead                                         It's time!!                              Everyone ready t...