Skip to main content

18 Months

Crazy how quickly the last year and a half has gone by.
I cannot believe how tall Amalia has gotten.
 And beautiful.
 And Funny.
 And Smart.

Every where we go everyone is obsessed with, yep you guessed it!
                                 Her Curls!
Literally people all over the world are obsessed with them.
Second is her eyes. Her see through your soul eyes.

She is very shy with people and hides her face and giggles when people try to talk to her or stare at her (which happens frequently... as soon as we step outside our door.)

At home is a completely different story!
She loves to watch The Little Mermaid and sing with Ariel.
She loves loves loves playing with Kaiden and Ethan.
And she is a party animal!  If music is playing, she will be laughing and dancing.
She copies everything that I do and she loves helping me cook and clean.
Best of all, she is almost completely potty trained!
I know everyone said boys were harder than girls, but this happened sooner than I expected.

She still naps in my arms daily, but I have finally weaned her (yes, she only stopped at 17 month, longer than I expected but at least I know I gave her the healthiest start possible).

Overall I am obsessed with her.  We are best friends and we are all so lucky to have this crazy, fun, happy, sweet, troublesome little pitter patter feet running around the house spreading her joy.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars Birthday Party

It's that time of year for the boys double birthday party!! Since I... I mean they are so into star wars that was the obvious choice of a party theme. It was so cute at the end of the party after the boys opened all their gifts and John says, "Well, what did Mummy and I get you?"  They both shrugged.  I said, "We got you this beautiful party, and that is your gift." They both hugged us and said thank you without even complaining that we didn't buy them anything, such gracious boys! Then John brought out their bikes and they went crazy!! It was the cutest thing. Happy Birthday to our wonderful boys, Happy 7th and 9th Birthday Ethan and Kaiden!

And the Fun Begins

On Sunday, March 11th, we welcomed our newest family member.  Amalia Rachael Emily Benham. It all began Saturday morning.  I had signs of labor but we had the Pinewood Derby so I hoped she would wait.  And of course, she did. Contractions started coming in very slowly and Mummy and Binx came over.  We hung out, and hung out, and hung out and the contractions weren't getting stronger but slowly moving closer together.  We all finally took naps then we started hanging out again.  Finally at 12am we decided to go to the hospital. 3 cm dilated and I was admitted. Kindle, my bff of course came to the hospital as well.  All our biggest supporters were there. Waiting for Baby  Getting some well needed rest. Last moments before birth  My contractions never got  intense before the epidural kicked in, thank goodness.  Somehow my left side didn't kick in so I could feel it all on that side, but because I have back labor and I co...

Mr. and Mrs. John Benham!!!

This is the moment we have both been waiting for for years! It was perfection. Nothing short of magical. We had quite a bit of time after getting ready, there were so many emotions, so happy I laughed, so happy I cried. I love these photos and am so happy that every moment was captured.  Can't wait to see the professional ones!                                 Waiting for the go ahead                                         It's time!!                              Everyone ready t...