Skip to main content

A Whole New World

Everyone is asking for pictures and information on our experience in Dubai.

Yes, they all do where that "outfit".

The ladies wear black, the men wear white.

Some ladies show the face, some show just the eyes and some have a black veil covering the entire face.

And yes, they all have amazing designer handbags and the most fabulous sunglasses.

Believe it or not, some have designs on the sleeves by the wrist, which match the head covering.

Oh, some just wear jeans a long shirt and the head covering.

Under the black some wear skinny jeans and nice high heels (the young slimmer ladies).

I know most believe that women are considered second class citizens.  From what I have observed the men are always helping the women with the children and they seem to get along well.  Mostly though the women are very tight knit and go out in groups of 3 to 6 and laugh and talk and of course SHOP together. And they have all been very sweet to me so far.

I observed all of this at the mall, very large luxurious malls.

We also went out and about checking out the communities to get an idea of where we want to find our permanent home.

Here we are in the lobby of our hotel.
 At Atlantis
 Pretty little baby
 Amalia wasn't feeling well and had me holding her 24/7 so I got  nice little break when Daddy came home from work.


Comments

  1. :( I hate not being able to call you.. it SUCKS! Dubai looks amaaazzziinnng and Amalia is already too big. Waaaahhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Binx, I wish you were here, I can't wait for you to come to visit, I am learning all the important places to bring you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars Birthday Party

It's that time of year for the boys double birthday party!! Since I... I mean they are so into star wars that was the obvious choice of a party theme. It was so cute at the end of the party after the boys opened all their gifts and John says, "Well, what did Mummy and I get you?"  They both shrugged.  I said, "We got you this beautiful party, and that is your gift." They both hugged us and said thank you without even complaining that we didn't buy them anything, such gracious boys! Then John brought out their bikes and they went crazy!! It was the cutest thing. Happy Birthday to our wonderful boys, Happy 7th and 9th Birthday Ethan and Kaiden!

And the Fun Begins

On Sunday, March 11th, we welcomed our newest family member.  Amalia Rachael Emily Benham. It all began Saturday morning.  I had signs of labor but we had the Pinewood Derby so I hoped she would wait.  And of course, she did. Contractions started coming in very slowly and Mummy and Binx came over.  We hung out, and hung out, and hung out and the contractions weren't getting stronger but slowly moving closer together.  We all finally took naps then we started hanging out again.  Finally at 12am we decided to go to the hospital. 3 cm dilated and I was admitted. Kindle, my bff of course came to the hospital as well.  All our biggest supporters were there. Waiting for Baby  Getting some well needed rest. Last moments before birth  My contractions never got  intense before the epidural kicked in, thank goodness.  Somehow my left side didn't kick in so I could feel it all on that side, but because I have back labor and I co...

Mr. and Mrs. John Benham!!!

This is the moment we have both been waiting for for years! It was perfection. Nothing short of magical. We had quite a bit of time after getting ready, there were so many emotions, so happy I laughed, so happy I cried. I love these photos and am so happy that every moment was captured.  Can't wait to see the professional ones!                                 Waiting for the go ahead                                         It's time!!                              Everyone ready t...