Skip to main content

A Story About Perception

We started off our 4th at a poolside BBQ.  My jerk wings were a hit!!

Then a storm started coming our way so we left.  Shenelle met us at the house...
Then we hoped the rain would stop... but it didn't.  You would think that would break our spirits, I do admit that I was a bit disappointed, we decided to go see fireworks anyway.

This experience had me thinking, (I think A LOT).  Someone in my life recently got on me about "perception" about what other people think (and what they think) about the things that I, and other people do.  I don't worry about what people think about me and my life, and nor am I concerned about theirs. It however had me thinking very much about perception and its role in my life.  I realized that my view of the world is very different from everyone elses and that I can change my experience by changing my perception of the world, so I have been working on being more aware of this.

When the rain kept on coming down John and I and our friends, as well as everyone there, stayed under cover.
When the fireworks started they were a little hard to see from where we were and I decided that I would change my "perception" of the rain.  Instead of seeing it as a nuisance I wanted to embrace it and see it as an opportunity to have a romantic 4th.  John and I were the only 2 people sitting on the driving range, rain and all.  It felt special, we were closely cuddled together and it felt like we were the only people in the world at that moment.  It was amazing!


So, even though I disagree with other peoples idea of perception, I am very happy I was able to focus on what perception meant to me in my life and I hope to continue working with it to see everything in my life as an opportunity to experience the joy that the world has to offer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars Birthday Party

It's that time of year for the boys double birthday party!! Since I... I mean they are so into star wars that was the obvious choice of a party theme. It was so cute at the end of the party after the boys opened all their gifts and John says, "Well, what did Mummy and I get you?"  They both shrugged.  I said, "We got you this beautiful party, and that is your gift." They both hugged us and said thank you without even complaining that we didn't buy them anything, such gracious boys! Then John brought out their bikes and they went crazy!! It was the cutest thing. Happy Birthday to our wonderful boys, Happy 7th and 9th Birthday Ethan and Kaiden!

And the Fun Begins

On Sunday, March 11th, we welcomed our newest family member.  Amalia Rachael Emily Benham. It all began Saturday morning.  I had signs of labor but we had the Pinewood Derby so I hoped she would wait.  And of course, she did. Contractions started coming in very slowly and Mummy and Binx came over.  We hung out, and hung out, and hung out and the contractions weren't getting stronger but slowly moving closer together.  We all finally took naps then we started hanging out again.  Finally at 12am we decided to go to the hospital. 3 cm dilated and I was admitted. Kindle, my bff of course came to the hospital as well.  All our biggest supporters were there. Waiting for Baby  Getting some well needed rest. Last moments before birth  My contractions never got  intense before the epidural kicked in, thank goodness.  Somehow my left side didn't kick in so I could feel it all on that side, but because I have back labor and I co...

Mr. and Mrs. John Benham!!!

This is the moment we have both been waiting for for years! It was perfection. Nothing short of magical. We had quite a bit of time after getting ready, there were so many emotions, so happy I laughed, so happy I cried. I love these photos and am so happy that every moment was captured.  Can't wait to see the professional ones!                                 Waiting for the go ahead                                         It's time!!                              Everyone ready t...