Skip to main content

Keeping It Positive

My life seems perfect, and it is... mostly.
Most of you reading this are very VERY happy for John and I and know how deserving we are of each other and our life.
There are always crabs in the bucket, no matter how you try to live a simple peaceful life, there are those who want to drag you down.
Is it too much to ask to be left alone?
Yes.  The answer is YES.
I say something about "X", people turn it around to say I was saying it about "Y". "X" made me mad, very mad, I vented, in a place where "X" cannot see. (And "X" if you read this, I'm still mad at you! lol but have a great vacation anyway and let's start where we left off... except no yelling!)  I wish "Y" was not so offended by it, as it had nothing to do with them.
Social media, while I am thankful for it, and I will not give it up because I stay in touch with all my dear friends and family, is a pain in the ass sometimes!

I have been blogging for over a year now and have gotten support from many of our friends a long the way.
Recently it seems that daily many new people saying how much they love my blog and that it is so inspirational.
And thank you.
To all of you.
When I started my blog I wanted it to be a very positive place.
I try to keep my entire life that way and always having the blog in mind may actually help keep my life positive since I am always keeping it in mind to keep the readers happy and since I enjoy it so much.

For all of you that have seen the journey on the blog or have known us and our journey, I am sure you know we have come a long way.
And we are finally right where we have wanted to be.

I hope you have also noticed that in the tough times we have always sought the joy.
Getting here was definitely a journey.
Life is a journey.

I remember once when my Grandmother came to visit Mummy and they drove to St. Simons Island, slept and drove back to Atlanta. This is about a 5 or 6 hour drive.
I asked mummy why would she even bother, that it didn't make sense to go and not even have that much time there.
Her response what I live true to till this day.
She, with her vibrant personality replied, "Because it is the journey, not the destination!"

I thought about this.
And she is right.
We will all always have goals, dreams, obstacles on this journey, but what is the point if you cannot enjoy it all on the way?
I have realized that life is always a journey.
We are at that place where we have wanted to be.
Now that we are here we talk about what we want our next destination to be.
On the way there we will enjoy every moment of the journey.

To find happiness you have to have happiness.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mr. and Mrs. John Benham!!!

This is the moment we have both been waiting for for years! It was perfection. Nothing short of magical. We had quite a bit of time after getting ready, there were so many emotions, so happy I laughed, so happy I cried. I love these photos and am so happy that every moment was captured.  Can't wait to see the professional ones!                                 Waiting for the go ahead                                         It's time!!                              Everyone ready to come down                                                               Mummy 1st     With this ring...   You may kiss your bride! Ethan is a true romantic.  Whenever we watch movies with happy couples he always says that they are me and John.  For years he has been talking about us getting married. After the ceremony when we came in he was crying.   He said he tried to hold it in as long as possible...                      

Jamaica: How We Surprised The Boys/Video

I have so much going on that I am actually getting things done quicker (you know how that goes). So here are the pics of our last evening and the Vacation video!! Jamaica 2013 from Rebecca Benham on Vimeo . My friends came over after the family pics and we had so much fun reminiscing and catching up. I miss these girls so much, we have so many memories together.

Beautiful Baby Shower

This past weekend was our baby shower!!  We decided to do it a bit early because I am one of those over-organized, over-prepared types.  It was hosted by my best friend Kindle and my sister Bianca. I told Kindle I wanted a slight winter wonderland pink theme since it is so close to Christmas and this is what I walked in to! It was absolutely beautiful, and we were joined by all our best family and friends, we appreciate everyone that made this such a special day for us.  This game was to guess how big I was and believe it or not the winner was Ethan!! He definitely knows his Mummy!  The chocolate diaper game. (It was Johns first shower, he must've thought we were all crazy).  Getting ready for presents!! (The boys got to open them all).  Kindle surprised the boys with a gift each. It was a shirt with their picture saying "I'm the biggest Brother" and "I'm the big Brother" for the hospital. Most thoughtful thing ever!!! I wish I could relive