Skip to main content

The Journey

As you guys can imagine it took a lot of work to get here.  First we sold the house (and everything in it, we wanted a completely fresh start) and moved into a furnished apartment then had to pack everything from there to ship to Dubai then the trip here of course.  Not to mention much more obstacles and life dramas we had to overcome.  But, here we are, and it feels good, no GREAT.

No cell phones yet (we have no one to call), so no texts, not getting the urge to check facebook or any other social media out of habit etc.  Just loads of time to spend together, and of course for me to catch up on the blog while John works from his computer.

Speaking of catching up on the blog there are a few things I know I will not have time to catch up on.

1.  August 11th Amalia turned 5 months!! Happy Birthday baby girl!!!

2.  August 15th our 3 year (not wedding) Anniversary!


We moved on August the 16th.  We actually chose August 10th, I just threw that random date out, but when it came time to book the tickets I realized I wanted more time with the family, so again, we randomly chose the 16th.
What are the chances of 3 years to the date then we wake up the next morning to start a brand new life in a whole new country? Did I mention we are 7,500 miles away?  Scary, but cool.

Okay, the point of this blog.  The Journey.  Yes, blood sweat and tears for many many years, then the grueling packing etc.  Since I have a mac now, and I discovered iMovie... you see where I am going with this.
The camera is supposed to be THE ONE for videos, but clearly it's a bit too fancy for me so I am struggling with figuring out this automatic focus, so excuse how amateur this is.  But please, enjoy!

Click the link below to view:

https://vimeo.com/47816480

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mr. and Mrs. John Benham!!!

This is the moment we have both been waiting for for years! It was perfection. Nothing short of magical. We had quite a bit of time after getting ready, there were so many emotions, so happy I laughed, so happy I cried. I love these photos and am so happy that every moment was captured.  Can't wait to see the professional ones!                                 Waiting for the go ahead                                         It's time!!                              Everyone ready to come down                                                               Mummy 1st     With this ring...   You may kiss your bride! Ethan is a true romantic.  Whenever we watch movies with happy couples he always says that they are me and John.  For years he has been talking about us getting married. After the ceremony when we came in he was crying.   He said he tried to hold it in as long as possible...                      

Jamaica: How We Surprised The Boys/Video

I have so much going on that I am actually getting things done quicker (you know how that goes). So here are the pics of our last evening and the Vacation video!! Jamaica 2013 from Rebecca Benham on Vimeo . My friends came over after the family pics and we had so much fun reminiscing and catching up. I miss these girls so much, we have so many memories together.

Beautiful Baby Shower

This past weekend was our baby shower!!  We decided to do it a bit early because I am one of those over-organized, over-prepared types.  It was hosted by my best friend Kindle and my sister Bianca. I told Kindle I wanted a slight winter wonderland pink theme since it is so close to Christmas and this is what I walked in to! It was absolutely beautiful, and we were joined by all our best family and friends, we appreciate everyone that made this such a special day for us.  This game was to guess how big I was and believe it or not the winner was Ethan!! He definitely knows his Mummy!  The chocolate diaper game. (It was Johns first shower, he must've thought we were all crazy).  Getting ready for presents!! (The boys got to open them all).  Kindle surprised the boys with a gift each. It was a shirt with their picture saying "I'm the biggest Brother" and "I'm the big Brother" for the hospital. Most thoughtful thing ever!!! I wish I could relive