Skip to main content

Rachael Bowen


Today makes 8 years since we lost her.  Seems crazy how the times flies.  I tried for so long to remember every detail of her, her voice, her smile, her personality, her hands... I wanted it to be 2 days ago forever, so I could remember her perfectly.  After not hearing her voice for 8 years, I only have a vague memory of what it sounds like, and I miss it.

I do remember singing our hearts out to spice girls, about 8 years after no one else listened to them anymore, I remember going to her room because I couldn't sleep and talking all night.  I remember May 14th, 2002, the last time I saw her, I remember word for word our last conversation.  I remember waking up to the news.  I remember the days, weeks and months after when I could do nothing but cry and pray for an angel to help me start to live again because I knew I couldn't do it on my own.  Then I found out that I was pregnant, due May 15th, I was sent an angel.  A year later, I, again, found out I was pregnant due May15th.  Another angel.  

I am grateful for my babies, they helped, and are still helping to mend my heart after losing her.  I will always miss her, and not a day goes by that I do not think about her.  I go back in time everyday for a few moments to relive some of our time together.  Kaiden is very much like her, and Ethan like me, and it is as though I am reliving my time with her by watching them together, and I am thankful for that.  I know she is with me everyday all the time and I am very thankful for the 19 years that I had her with me in the physical, and thankful for my 2 angels that brought my life purpose again.

"Every step I take, every move I make, every single day, every time I pray... I'll be missing you."

Comments

  1. Beautifully written! She will truly be missed forever, but never ever forgotten. She brought us closer, and because of her we became the bestest of friends. I love that you and I can talk about her frequently like she never left. Love you and your family.
    -your bestie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mr. and Mrs. John Benham!!!

This is the moment we have both been waiting for for years! It was perfection. Nothing short of magical. We had quite a bit of time after getting ready, there were so many emotions, so happy I laughed, so happy I cried. I love these photos and am so happy that every moment was captured.  Can't wait to see the professional ones!                                 Waiting for the go ahead                                         It's time!!                              Everyone ready to come down                                                               Mummy 1st     With this ring...   You may kiss your bride! Ethan is a true romantic.  Whenever we watch movies with happy couples he always says that they are me and John.  For years he has been talking about us getting married. After the ceremony when we came in he was crying.   He said he tried to hold it in as long as possible...                      

Jamaica: How We Surprised The Boys/Video

I have so much going on that I am actually getting things done quicker (you know how that goes). So here are the pics of our last evening and the Vacation video!! Jamaica 2013 from Rebecca Benham on Vimeo . My friends came over after the family pics and we had so much fun reminiscing and catching up. I miss these girls so much, we have so many memories together.

Beautiful Baby Shower

This past weekend was our baby shower!!  We decided to do it a bit early because I am one of those over-organized, over-prepared types.  It was hosted by my best friend Kindle and my sister Bianca. I told Kindle I wanted a slight winter wonderland pink theme since it is so close to Christmas and this is what I walked in to! It was absolutely beautiful, and we were joined by all our best family and friends, we appreciate everyone that made this such a special day for us.  This game was to guess how big I was and believe it or not the winner was Ethan!! He definitely knows his Mummy!  The chocolate diaper game. (It was Johns first shower, he must've thought we were all crazy).  Getting ready for presents!! (The boys got to open them all).  Kindle surprised the boys with a gift each. It was a shirt with their picture saying "I'm the biggest Brother" and "I'm the big Brother" for the hospital. Most thoughtful thing ever!!! I wish I could relive